What are the favorite destinations for travel around the world and in Spain? TripAdvisor has just presented the results of its Traveler’s Choice Destinations awards. If we must pay attention to the algorithms and the comments of its readers, London has emerged as the winning destination in 2019, both globally and in Europe. Paris and Rome occupy the second and third positions, respectively.
The winners of these awards are selected using an algorithm based on the ratings and ratings of hotels, restaurants and experiences of destinations around the world during a period of twelve months. This methodology takes into account the quality and volume of comments from destinations that provide the best overall experience for travelers.
Spain has this year with ten cities awarded, one of them in the world list and three in the European. Barcelona is ranked 7th in the world, 5th in Europe (the same position as in 2017) and the star of the year in the national ranking, in first position. Mallorca is ranked 2nd in Spain and 9th in Europe, while Tenerife has climbed four places: it occupies the tenth European position.
Spanish destinations: top 10
These are the ten destinations in Spain preferred by Internet users.
- Barcelona. It is the triumphant city of the year, ranked 7th in the global top. Its routes through the Sagrada Familia, Casa Batlló or the Gothic Quarter come out very well in the comments collected by the TripAdvisor algorithm.
- Mallorca. Repeats the 2nd position at the national level, and is also ranked as 9th favorite destination in the European list, keeping the same position as the previous edition. Beyond the beach, travelers praise the Cathedral or nature in the Sierra de Tramuntana.
- Tenerife. Climbing four places in the European list, the island is in the 10th position of the ranking and the 3rd in the national level. The Volcano del Teide and Loro Parque are some of the favorite attractions for Internet users.
- Gran Canaria As in the last edition, Gran Canaria is ranked 4th in Spain this year. The Pico de las Nieves and the Roque Nublo Natural Monument are some of the most interesting places highlighted on this occasion.
- Madrid. It rises one position with respect to 2017. The capital has plenty of options to visit it and discover its many corners, cultural, historical and gastronomic.
- Fuerteventura.Corralejo and the express ferry excursion to the Isla de Lobos Natural Park is the favorite choice of its visitors.
- Ibiza. Upload a position this year in the Spanish classification. On the most animated island of the archipelago there are plenty of plans and experiences to live, from water activities such as snorkeling or speedboat trips of 360 degrees, as well as numerous parties on board boats and catamarans.
- Seville. It has risen one position with respect to 2017. The city of Seville offers many attractions, but, without a doubt, the visit to the Real Alcázar, Plaza de España and La Giralda are the most visited year after year.
- Menorca. It has climbed a post, and continues to offer an interesting list of activities, places to visit and coves to discover. Among the popular sites on the island are Ciudadela and Mahón, where you can practice water sports, take motorcycle tours or guided tours.
- Valencia. The city is placed in the Top 10 destinations of Spain best valued thanks to its indisputable cuisine and tourist attractions such as the Central Market, the City of Arts and Sciences or the Oceanogràfic.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Nam blandit dictum ante id venenatis. Morbi tristique et neque in viverra. Aenean cursus gravida nulla, sit amet suscipit lectus hendrerit eu. Maecenas sem metus.