- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1- For glaze, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and gelatin. Add water and stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture begins to boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool completely. Cut half of the strawberries into quarters; fold into glaze.
- 2- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk until blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- 3- In a 4-qt. clear glass bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, glaze and cream mixture. Repeat layers. Cut remaining strawberries in half and arrange over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
1 serving: 344 calories, 11g fat (8g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Nam blandit dictum ante id venenatis. Morbi tristique et neque in viverra. Aenean cursus gravida nulla, sit amet suscipit lectus hendrerit eu. Maecenas sem metus.